2020 was a hard year in a lot of ways.
Personally, I went through a restructure at work that took up a lot of my bandwidth for most of the spring and summer. I saw good friends lose their jobs and watched others struggle in their new positions. I’ve been lucky so far in that I was able to remain in my role and continue on with the team I had been helping to make.
Covid has been hard and that’s all I want to say about that publicly.
As for the blog it’s been a good year overall. I saw a growth in overall views up from last year’s 10,284 to this year’s 13,047. Roughly a 26% growth rate year-over-year. That’s a very good thing as it indicates that what I’m writing is finding an audience. And while I know that I’m not supposed to care about such things I very much do. Seeing that growth rate lets me know that what I’m doing is meaningful to other people.
So thank you for reading my blog. It means a lot.
A few other numbers for my fellow nerds.
- 2020 saw 61 posts compared to 2019’s 75.
- This represents a decline of 18% in overall post frequency.
Other Random Stats
- I bought 10 new RPG books.
- Backed my first Kickstarter (which delivered on time).
- Discovered 22 new bands, mostly new western music, ska, and thrash. (Yeah, I have no idea what’s going on with my musical tastes either)
- Beat two video games
- read 16 novels
- Voted and won with 3 of my candidates.
- Got promoted at work
So, how was your 2020?